I’ve experienced some interesting growth opportunities in my life: a kidney transplant at 34, a devastating divorce at 46, a challenging age-gap relationship, unexpected retirement due to dialysis at 57 and a second kidney transplant at 59.
Over all these years, while I’ve had traditional therapy, I was always doing things on my own to grow. I’ve curated a list of my favorite books, authors, websites and more that provided support and turning points in my growth. In it you’ll find things from relationship strengthening to self-growth to personal health to kidney health.
My hope is that you’ll discover yourself through knowledge, skills and tools you glean from these resources. I am not a physician, these are simply books and websites that I learned from.
- IgA Nephropathy - IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease) - Symptoms and causesMayo Clinichttps://www.mayoclinic.org › syc-20352268
- Insulin Resistance & Pre-Diabetes - https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes/prediabetes-insulin-resistance
- Polycystic Kidney Disease - Polycystic kidney disease - Symptoms and causesMayo Clinichttps://www.mayoclinic.org › syc-20352820
The National Kidney Foundation - https://www.kidney.org/
Register to be an organ donor
- Sign Up To Be An Organ DonorOrganDonor.govhttps://www.organdonor.gov › sign-up
- Register to become an organ, eye and tissue donorDonate Lifehttps://donatelife.net › register
Browse my blog for more of my stories on kidney disease and my transplants
- (insert link here)
When I’ve been in my toughest spots, I always turned to books for the light they brought to my present circumstances. They illuminated my path while I was learning true growth lies on the other side of any hard experience.
The most important principle I’ve embraced is Awareness. Everything stems from there. This book “Awareness” by Anthony Demello is my go to first read - https://a.co/d/gMejSCG
- This is a MUST READ - Positive Intelligence will change the way you see yourself and others around you through opening your awareness of your wisest self and the parts of you which work to sabotage you. https://a.co/d/8Io6M8E
- Do you find yourself frustrated with life’s circumstances and especially other people?
Loving What Is - Byron Katie https://a.co/d/eJRd1GA is a must read for all of life’s frustrations.
- Have you found yourself in endless self-judgment? t I’d highly recommend reading Self Compassion - Kristin Neff https://a.co/d/iR12rlp
- Would you like a simple book to help you with life’s challenges? You’ll love The Four Agreements https://a.co/d/hCTmWDn
- Do you know you have a voice in your head? The Untethered Soul sheds an unmistakable light on a part of you, you may have never known existed.
- You Can Heal Your Life - Louise Hay - https://a.co/d/g2FSS1X
- It’s Not About the Horse - Wyatt Webb - https://a.co/d/ayzY6gc
- A Return to Love - Marianne Williamson - https://a.co/d/75eZfsg
- Change Your Thoughts, Change your Life - Wayne Dyer - https://a.co/d/hdsHShD
- Healing the Child Within - https://a.co/d/1pbWgt1
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself - Dr Joe Dispenza - https://a.co/d/jlnR6NO
- You are a Badass - https://a.co/d/4PgvRuw
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck - https://a.co/d/ipgZAmv
- Do scents, smoke, loud noises and chaos overwhelm you? You may be a HIghly Sensitive Person. Read “Highly Sensitive People” https://a.co/d/btAto5v
- Do you yearn to learn more about your personality type and develop an in-depth understanding of yourself? You may want to read The Wisdom of the Enneagram https://a.co/d/gdWc41x
- Do you know your or your partner’s love languages? A vital read is “The Five Love Languages” https://a.co/d/8bs5ATu
- Do you know why you get mad at your partner over the same things? “Getting the Love You Want” by Harville Hendrix will open your eyes! https://a.co/d/emJqWIa
- Are you going through a breakup? https://a.co/d/34dRttd “In the Meantime” helps you get your feet back under you.
- Do you find yourself attracted to the same negative relationships over and over? Women Who Love Too Much https://a.co/d/9X8gxdp helped me learn about that dance
These are some resources for overall health, some emotional health as I’ve had challenges with a sugar addiction, self healing, and some references to kidney disease
- Drop Acid by David Perlmutter - Introducing Drop Acid: A New Book from Dr. David PerlmutterDr. Perlmutterhttps://www.drperlmutter.com › drop-acid-a-new-boo…
- Unlocking the Keto Code by Dr. Steven Gundry - Dr. Gundry's Books and Podcast | Steven Gundry, MD WebsiteSteven Gundryhttps://drgundry.com
- Outlive by Peter Attia - https://a.co/d/5z61kD8
- Women Food and God - Geneen Roth - https://a.co/d/aV59B4C
- When Food is Love - Geneen Roth - https://a.co/d/bxr7uGz
- Quantum Healing - Deepak Chopra - https://a.co/d/00sTt70
- Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul - Deepak Chopra - https://a.co/d/961eaLx
- Dying to be Me - Anita Moorjani - https://a.co/d/gSZ0Ejs
- The Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield - https://a.co/d/hz2XiNe
- The Unmistakable Touch of Grace - Cheryl Richardson - https://a.co/d/7ESQO3Y
- What’s So Amazing About Grace - Philip Yancey - https://a.co/d/7CZPmmZ
- What the Bleep Do We Know - also a movie - https://a.co/d/aVNAxZb
- Conversations with God - all of them - Neale David Walsch - https://a.co/d/alsKhit
- The Power of Intention - Wayne Dyer - https://a.co/d/i3wA3oJ
Other good reads:
- The Obstacle is the Way - Ryan Holiday - What you think is annoying or unfair or anything else, is really YOUR opportunity to grow! https://a.co/d/hJouKJR
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Coveyhttps://a.co/d/5vU6ism
- Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom - https://a.co/d/dySuOd5
- The Surrender Experiment - Michael Singer - https://a.co/d/iVq1l2J
- The Power of Now - Eckard Tolle - https://a.co/d/2n9dgyY
- A New Earth - Eckard Tolle - https://a.co/d/bxE1teO
- How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci - https://a.co/d/2ieNG23
- The Artist’s Way - Julia Cameron - https://a.co/d/f807lAQ
- The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho - https://a.co/d/iPmPuGd
- Illusions - Richard Bach - https://a.co/d/dFcTFaT
One - Richard Bach - https://a.co/d/2pDYVCC
Connect with Kasey
Connect with Kasey
Send an email to email@example.com.